African Mineral Development Centre
- Written by lawi
Present current work of AMDC in supporting the domestication of AMV
African Minerals and Geosciences Centre
Minerals For Development
|Training courses are offered by the Centre, scheduled or upon request tailor-made, on different topics related to the mineral industry. Some of the course modules are developed internally and others are developed based on requests from customers.
|Funded by the World Bank, the Australian Thomson Aviation company was contracted by Mozambican Government to carry out airborne survey (magnetic and radiometric) in the north of Mozambique covering the area shown below.
The survey was carried out between 2014 and 2015 and the data were delivered to the National Directorate of Geology and Mines (DNGM) in binging of 2016.
The delivery data include:
• Magnetic and elevation data in Geosoft GDB format
• Radiometric data in Geosoft GDB format
• A set of grids in Geosoft GRD format
• A set of digital maps in at scale 1:250.000 in JPG format
• A set of digital maps in at scale 1:50.000 in JPG format
• Magnetic and elevation data in Geosoft XYZ format (ASCII)
• Radiometric data in Geosoft XYZ format (ASCII)
The coordinate system of delivered data are in coordinate system UTM37S/WGS84.
The data are available at DNGM Department of Geological Information Management. Contcts: Mrs Belmira Muchanga, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Read more